Outdoor ceremonies are absolutely gorgeous, aren’t they?! But you know what’s not so pretty? Hot, sweaty guests.
Follow these tips if you’ll be getting married outside:
- Choose a shady spot for the actual ceremony. I can’t emphasize this enough!!!!! You don’t want your guests to be squinting the whole time if you face them towards the sun, and you don’t want to be dealing with squinting, watering eyes if you and your groom are facing the sun. And please please please remember: Harsh sunlight and squinting eyes CAN NOT be fixed in Photoshop!
- Consider renting A/C units or large fans. This is especially true if the reception will be in a stuffy tent or closed up barn.
- Provide sunscreen. You could either make this a wedding favor, have fancy dispensers in the bathrooms, or have a sunscreen station when guests arrive.
- Serve lots and lots of refreshments! Make sure you have them available right from the moment guests arrive. You can even take it up a notch by having more than just plain water- have lemonade, iced tea, fruit infused waters, or bottled refreshments. Avoid serving alcohol until the cocktail hour.
- If chairs are going to be set up outside for the ceremony, make sure they’re not metal! Otherwise your guests could receive a painful surprise when they sit down!
- Serve ice cream, popsicles, or slushies for dessert.
Do you have any questions about your summer wedding? Comment below or email email@example.com!
All content and images in this post are copyright of Alayna Parker Photography and can not be used or reproduced without exclusive permission.