The first look is an amazing part of the wedding day! It’s where the bride and groom plan to see each other before the ceremony. Many couples want to stick to the tradition of not seeing each other until the bride walks down the aisle. If you aren’t sure if you want to have a first look, I’ll explain why it would be a romantic addition to your wedding day celebration! It not only adds to the experience, but also reduces stress.
**Please know that I would never ever want any couple to feel pressured to go with this option. However, you should be sure of the benefits of a first look because there is a reason why couples do it and love it!
- 40% more portraits. You’re investing a lot into your wedding photography. With a first look, you’ll receive 40% more portraits of the two of you. And those are the images you’ll decorate your home with! With a first look, you make the most out of this large investment and get the most for your money.
- You can enjoy the surprise freely. You actually get to have intimate time on your wedding day with your groom. Most brides don’t think about the fact that when you come down the aisle and totally shock him with how gorgeous you are, he can’t even tell you how amazing you look. He can’t touch you, embrace you, or even speak to you. You have to wait until 30 minutes (or longer!) when the ceremony is over for him to react and tell you how amazing you look.
- You’ll extend your day by three hours. Normally, the day would start when you come down the aisle, then the ceremony ends, you rush through portraits so that you’re not late for the introductions, and then it’s reception time. With a first look, your wedding day is extended by almost three hours! Instead of being rushed for your bridal party portraits, you actually get to enjoy them and have fun hanging out with your best friends on your wedding day.
- It’s your only alone time. First looks allow you to be together and alone on your wedding day. When you and your groom see each other, not only is it intimate, it’s your only time to be alone the whole day! You’ll cry and laugh and cry some more, and then that puts you in the perfect mood for your romantic portraits. Normally portraits are a little rushed after family formals, and it can be hard to really get back into that lovey mood.
- Diminishes nerves. Most grooms are not initially fans of the idea of a first look. But because they have never experienced their wedding day before, they don’t know how nerve wracking it can be. After doing a first look, both the bride and the groom are so relaxed and ready for the ceremony.
Do you have any questions about planning your wedding? Comment below or email email@example.com!
All content and images in this post are copyright of Alayna Parker Photography and can not be used or reproduced without exclusive permission.