Let’s talk a little bit about oils beyond the starter kit. We know the starter kit is a great foundation to your oily journey, but there are so many more things out there that can really help us! Here are 25 great oils to add to your collection, all under $25!
- Cedarwood Cedarwood is one of the first oils I recommend for just about anyone, and here’s why: sleep. Everyone needs a good night’s sleep, and most of us get to the point where we just accept that we aren’t going to get one. Well, that’s where Cedarwood steps in. The constituents in Cedarwood help support the stimulation of the pineal gland, which is what releases melatonin. A really nice combination is diffusing 4 drops of Lavender and 3 drops of Cedarwood, and applying a drop of each to your big toes before bedtime. It might just be the best night of sleep you’ve had in a while!
- Oregano Vitality It’s a great way to flavor your savory dishes, but it is also supports a healthy lifestyle when taken as part of a daily regimen. It can be used in sauces and marinades. These vitality oils pack a lot of punch, so start small! Dip a toothpick into the bottle, the swirl it around in your wet ingredients. Add more if needed. During those times when your immune system needs support, combine Oregano Vitality with Thieves Vitality, Lemon Vitality, and Frankincense Vitality to support healthy immune function and keep you moving forward.
- Orange This is one of my absolute favorites! It pairs well with spicier blends like Thieves, or with milder oils like Lavender or Frankincense. Honestly, it goes well with just about any oil! Orange has calming properties that help even out moods and uplift. I diffuse 3 drops of Orange with 4 drops of Thieves just about every single day to help support healthy immune systems. Diffusing isn’t the only way to use it though! You can add a drop to your nightly moisturizer to support healthy looking skin and a youthful appearance, or combine 5 drops of it with 5 drops each of Lavender and Frankincense in a roller bottle and fill the rest with carrier oil. Then roll it on the bottoms of your kiddos feet before they go to school or behind their ears while they’re studying for extra help focusing and staying on task.
- Grapefruit Vitality This oil has a refreshing, crisp bite to it, much like the fruit. Cold pressed from the rind, one of Grapefruit Vitality’s main constituents is Limonene, which can play a big part in a healthy weight management program. Add 2 drops of Grapefruit Vitality with 2 drops each of Lemon Vitality and Peppermint Vitality in a vegetable capsule and fill the rest with carrier oil as part of a daily regimen to help support a healthy immune system and keep you on track with your healthy goals.
- Lime This is a super fun oil to combine with other oils that will add a unique twist to your diffuser combos. Lime pairs well with Thieves (5 drops Thieves, 3 drops Lime) to help support a healthy immune system, or combine Lime with Lemon and Peppermint (2 drops of all three oils) for a boost during your midday slump or to start your day off right. For a refreshing twist on your nightly moisturizer, add a drop of Lime to help support healthy looking skin.
- Lemongrass This essential oil has a very crisp, purifying aroma, which is why it’s one of the main ingredients in the Purification blend. Diffusing Lemongrass by itself will remind you of the clean, pure air of a spa, and if you need just a little extra purifying after a particularly stinky meal (as much as I love fish tacos, I don’t love that smell!) or after all your kids have had every other kid from the neighborhood in your house, add 2 drops of Lemongrass, 1 drop of Peppermint, and even a few drops of Citrus Fresh for good measure, in your diffuser and those smells will be long gone.
- Rosemary Most of us are familiar with the scent of this herb, but there are a lot of benefits to using Rosemary essential oil! Diffusing Rosemary can help combat mental fatigue and create an atmosphere of clarity and focus. I like diffusing 3 drops of Rosemary with 4 drops of Lemon, since both have been shown to help people focus and stay on task. It can also be diffused or applied topically with a carrier oil to help support healthy respiratory function.
- Nutmeg This is one of those oils that slips under the radar, but it is SO good. If you do a quick internet search of diffuser recipes for Nutmeg you’ll find a bunch of different ones that range anywhere from Fall scents to recipes that will leave your home smelling like fresh baked cookies! And like most oils, it not only smells good but also helps with your wellness! Use Nutmeg to boost your immune system or calm overworked muscles.
- Vetiver Anyone who has children or needs help easing feelings of anxiety definitely needs to get a bottle of Vetiver. It can help put your mind at ease and allow you to focus on the task at hand instead of the worries of the world. I personally don’t like the smell, but for people who don’t mind it, you can diffuse 2 drops of with 3 drops of Frankincense and 4 drops of Lavender. I’ve made a roller and use on the bottoms of my feet.
- Lemon Myrtle This oil has one of the most unique, uplifting scents of a non-citrus essential oil (don’t let the name fool you, Lemon Myrtle is made by distilling the leaves of the plant)! Diffuse 2 drops of Lemon Myrtle with 2 drops each of Lime, Tangerine, Rosemary, and Sacred Sandalwood for an amazing scent! Lemon Myrtle also helps support healthy respiratory function, healthy immune function, and can promote concentration and focus.
- Wintergreen This essential oil is a must have for anyone living an active lifestyle. Wintergreen can help soothe muscles after a hard workout. It’s great for everyday uncomfortableness as well. And for a fun twist on diffusing that will relax you and clear your mind, diffuse 4 drops of Stress Away with 3 drops of Wintergreen that some say smells like a root beer float!
- Citronella It’s well known for the ability to be used when you’re headed outdoors and want to enjoy it annoyance free! You can combine 10 drops of Citronella with 8 drops Purification, 8 drops of Lavender, and 6 drops of Peppermint in a glass spray bottle and fill the rest with Witch Hazel and distilled water. Shake it well before each use and enjoy your time outdoors! I used this combo at all of my outdoor weddings this year and didn’t have any bites!
- Cinnamon Bark Did you know it’s one of the main ingredients in Thieves? So when you’re diffusing Thieves, if you want to kick up the spice a little bit, add a drop or two of Cinnamon Bark. Or if you want your house to smell like Snickerdoodle cookies, diffuse 5 drops of Stress Away with 3 drops of Cinnamon Bark and 1 drop of Nutmeg, and help support healthy immune function all at the same time!
- Clove Another spicy essential oil is Clove, and it’s also another ingredient in Thieves. Clove is amazing as part of a post workout massage to help relieve the tension and ease aching muscles. In the diffuser it pairs well with Orange. 5 drops of Orange and 3 drops of Clove will promote relaxation. You can also add a drop of Clove with 2-3 drops of PanAway to enhance PanAway’s effectiveness.
- Sage Vitality This oil has a ton of benefits! Add 2 drops of Sage Vitality with 2 drops of Lemon Vitality to a vegetable capsule and fill the rest with carrier oil to help support healthy liver function and stimulate healthy gallbladder function. That combination also helps combat mental fatigue and is very uplifting. Just one sniff of Sage Vitality and you’ll feel amazing! Disclaimer: Sage Vitality is not to be used by people with epilepsy or who are prone to seizures.
- Spearmint You already know the refreshing, invigorating scent of Peppermint essential oil, but sometimes we all wish we could tone it down just a bit lol. Spearmint is milder than Peppermint and slightly sweeter, but has many of the same properties. It can be applied over the abdomen to promote healthy digestion, or sniffed to ease feelings of nausea. Add 3 drops of Spearmint with 3 drops of Lemon and 2 drops of Orange for a fresh, uplifting scent.
- Gentle Baby This is in my top 3 oils I will NEVER EVER be without! Gentle Baby is a blend of Coriander, Geranium, Palmarosa, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Roman Chamomile, Bergamot, Lemon, Jasmine, and Rose. It’s comforting, soothing, and relaxing, and is helpful in calming both babies and adults. Diffuse 5 drops of Gentle Baby with 3 drops of Lavender for those extra hard days (or nights!) When used with a carrier oil, Gentle Baby is gentle enough to apply to your baby’s skin to calm and help soothe chapped skin.
- Christmas Spirit This is a blend of Orange, Cinnamon Bark, and Black Spruce and has the perfect combination of spicy and inviting. Along with its immune system supporting qualities, diffusing 5 drops of Christmas Spirit with 3 drops of Frankincense will promote relaxation and feelings of confidence. Want a hint of candy cane in the air? Add a drop of Peppermint!
- Melrose This oil combines two types of Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia and Melaleuca Quinquenervia) with Rosemary and Clove to create a blend that has cleansing qualities and helps support healthy looking skin. Add a few drops to your moisturizer or apply it to scrapes, burns, and cuts to help support the body’s natural ability to heal.
- Grounding A blend that is all about balance! Combining White Fir, Black Spruce, Ylang Ylang, Pine, Cedarwood, Angelica, and Juniper, Grounding can turn those moments where confidence is lacking and instead help promote feelings of calmness, security, and confidence. The balance of woodsy and floral tones works well when diffused by itself but also pairs nicely with any citrus oil or Lavender.
- Exodus II This oil is a blend of Myrrh, Cassia, Cinnamon Bark, Calamus, Northern Lights Black Spruce, Hyssop, Vetiver, and Frankincense pre-diluted with olive oil. It was designed to be cleansing and help support healthy immune function. Similar to Thieves Vitality with its spicy aroma, Exodus II can be diffused with Lemon or Orange, or applied to the bottom of your feet to provide a comforting, supportive scent.
- Black Pepper When used aromatically, Black Pepper can help energize and inspire you. Its spicy aroma pairs really well with other spicier oils like Clove or Nutmeg, or it can be used with certain diffuser blends that need just a hint of spice to even them out. Need a post workout massage that will soothe yet not put you to sleep? Add a drop or two of Black Pepper and you’ll get that relief while maintaining a certain level of energy to help you get through the rest of your day.
- EndoFlex Vitality This is a blend of Spearmint, Sage, Geranium, Myrtle, German Chamomile, and Nutmeg combined with Sesame Seed oil designed to support a healthy metabolism and support the systems in the body that keep hormones balanced. Add this to your morning shot of NingXia Red, or put 1-drop in a veggie capsule with a carrier oil and take it 3 times a day to help keep your health balanced.
- En-R-Gee The name says it all! En-R-Gee is a blend of essential oils that were combined to invigorate and help you get through those days that go on and on and on. Diffuse it at your desk or in the mornings at home (it pairs well with Lemon and Peppermint), or apply it on your wrists and behind your ears.
- Purification It’s easily in the top 5 most popular blends that Young Living has. The fresh scent is perfect to diffuse on house cleaning day! It helps purify the air of nasty odors, so you’ll want to keep this one around for lingering food smells, gym bags, and more! I put a couple drops on a cotton ball and place in the bottom of trash cans, in my car, and in air vents!
Are you ready to start your own wellness journey? Email email@example.com and let me know!
All content and images in this post are copyright of Alayna Parker Photography and can not be used or reproduced without exclusive permission.